Education Legal services for Families, in particular, Special Educational Needs & Disability
Education Lawyers

Appeal a refusal to make an EHCP

If your child has undergone a full Education, Health and Care needs assessment and the local authority has issued a refusal to make an EHCP decision letter, we would advise you to always appeal to the SEND Tribunal.

You can do this yourself, but you may have already spent considerable time and energy on the process and feel you need legal assistance to move forward. 

We will be happy to help you from this stage onwards. We can take care of everything from preparing and lodging the appeal, preparing the existing evidence and case documents and arranging representation for you at the SEND Tribunal hearing, should that be necessary.

Appeal refusal to make EHCP

Next steps- with total transparency

Our lawyers will talk you through the next steps on from refusal to make an EHCP, including recommending any further expert assessments that may be required. We will also detail our costs in an open and transparent way so there are no surprises. 

Most parents who move ahead with an appeal to the First-Tier Tribunal are successful. We always speak to the local authority on your behalf during the appeal process and may even be able to reverse a decision before a hearing, thus saving you further cost and the stress of a full hearing.

If you’d like to speak to us to explore the options of working with us, get in touch today. Our expert, friendly team will be delighted to help you.

If your child has, in fact, been given a final plan but you are not happy with it, read our page about appealing an unsatisfactory final EHC Plan here.

Email us

Request a call-back