Education Lawyers is part of Langley Wellington solicitors LLP. Our main office is in Gloucester, Gloucestershire but we cover the whole of England and Wales for our education practice.
We are always interested in hearing from suitably-qualified solicitors with SEND experience or who are interested in moving into the area of spec ial educational needs. We’re also interested in hearing from trainee solicitors thinking about this rewarding and important area of work.
If you are interested in joining us or finding out more about what we do, please get in touch via our contact page
We are looking for a legal secretary to join our well established, highly respected and successful Education Department at our Gloucester office.
We are seeking a flexible and enthusiastic individual with a high degree of self management and initiative. The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of 12 months experience as a legal secretary, a qualification in OCR/RSA ll Word Processing or equivalent, and excellent keyboard skills, including accuracy and speed of at least 65 wpm. The candidate must have experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) and have good organisational skills and attention to detail. The individual must be able to work under pressure and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The person must be able to work alone and as part of a team.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To prepare correspondence and legal documents through audio typing and word processing;
- To administer daily filing which includes the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files;
- To prepare mail for dispatch;
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary for the fee earner(s);
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and courteous manner;
- To undertake general office duties e.g. photocopying and faxing.
If you are interested in the above post, please contact email@example.com or telephone the Education Department on 01452 555166.
If you are looking for work experience or would like to find out more about working in a busy specialist legal office, drop us a line.