Education Legal services for Families, in particular, Special Educational Needs & Disability
Welcome to our new website!

Welcome to our new website!

We’re really excited to unveil our brand new website!

We’ve spent a lot of time thinking about how we can offer immediate help and information to parent carers and their children and young people with SEND. One of the difficulties people face is locating simple, clear information that they can understand quickly and easily.

We know that although our services can be invaluable to families trying to access the right support, sometimes you just need a little bit of information, written in plain language.

Lots of free information on our new website

That’s why we’ve created our free SEND Information section and several pages answering frequently asked questions about different aspects of education disputes. We hope these will give you a basic understanding of how the education and SEND legal system in England and Wales work.

We hope that this will help you along on your journey with your disabled children and of course, if and when you need specialist advice, we’re here for you too.

On the Education Lawyers website, you can find information about the various situations you may face, links to useful resources and, as you would expect, how we can help if you need us.

How we can help your family

We can help with any kind of educational issue, including:

  • Refusal to carry out a statutory assessment
  • Refusal to make an Education, Health and Care Plan
  • You are not happy with the EHC plan that the local authority has drafted
  • You would like us to check through your child’s draft EHCP and advise on amendments to ensure it meets needs and is legally compliant
  • The EHCP following your child’s annual review is unsatisfactory or the review has not taken place in a timely manner
  • The provision stated in your child’s Education, Health and Care Plan are not being carried out (judicial review)
  • You are seeking a judicial review against decision-making or procedures by the local authority in education matters
  • Your child has experienced disability discrimination in education
  • Your child has been excluded
  • You want to complain to the Local Government Ombudsman about how the local authority has handled your complaints about your child’s education
  • You need help to find the right educational placement

You can also find out more about our M.O.T your child’s Education, Health and Care plan service, which is great when you receive a draft and need to know if it meets your child’s needs and if it doesn’t, how to make it better.

Our team are well-known for negotiating successfully with local authorities, meaning you may not end up having to go to a Tribunal hearing at all.

Take a look around and let us know what you think!

Email us

Request a call-back